Skip to main content

Ana Teresa Barboza

Ana Teresa Barboza´s characteristic use of crafts such as patchwork, knitting or embroidery combined with other media on her artistic work, bestow a poetic quality to depictions of plants and their growth – which defy our serial and industrialized times. Since she graduated from the Art Faculty of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Barboza´s use of manual crafts became the means to convey a meditative and powerful observation with the environment and her relationship with reality.
Her laborious use of traditionally feminine handicraft has become her trademark, where her interest was centered initially on depictions of herself and the relationship with her body and in Animales Familiares on the liaison of herself and her relation with others by the use of animal metaphors. Through photographs the artist recently has registered spaces she inhabited for long periods of time. With this technique, her experiences were depicted in an image; printed on paper as footprints on the ground, physical trace of something that’s not longer there.

I felt really inspired by Ana Teresa Barboza's art because I really like how she has let the piece flow and extend beyond the hoop. I just really like the idea how its all neat and tidy inside the hoop then it goes all messy and free out side the hoop. she has really gave my idea on how to move my project on further




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Izziyana Suhaimi

Singapore-based artist Izziyana Suhaimi introduces embroidered accents to her carefully rendered pencil and watercolor illustrations. Patterns of flowers unfold much like a tapestry across the paper canvas creating pieces she refers to as “evidence of the hand and of time.” For her series The Looms in Our Bones Suhaimi focuses mostly on fashion acessories where scarves, hats, and other clothing is depicted in thread, while she also uses the same techniques for more abstract shapes and designs . From her artist statement: " Embroidery for me is a quiet and still act, where each stitch represents a moment passed. The building of stitches then becomes a re presentation of time passing and the final work is like a physical manifestation of time – a time object. Each stitch is also a recording of the maker’s thoughts and emotions. I enjoy the duality of embroidery, in its movements of stabbing, cutting, covering, building, repairing, taking apart. Every stitch made see...

Lauren Velvick

Lauren Velvick is a writer, Artist and curator based in Manchester. She is currently CO director of the exhibition centre for the “life and use of books” and programme co-ordinator at Bluecoat Arts Centre in Liverpool. She is also a contributor to the national and local arts publications , for example : Arts Monthly, The Skinny, The Double Negative and This is tomorrow, and is also a contributing editor of corridor 8 She is inspired by Encountering every day creativity and intensely boring/meditative city walks, all sorts of things I like how she uses text , writing and speaking as a performance piece instead of just painting a picture but I don’t think I could do this in my practice because im not really a performing artist. I also like how her work is sometimes based on her response to other artist http://www.lifeanduseofbooks.org/old_site/corridor-videos.html I was unable to add some videos of Laurens work but here is a link to some